..in no particular order.
- It’s worth driving a hundred miles out of your way to avoid really boring countryside. It’s worth driving three times that if it lets you hang out with an old buddy.
- Junk food is “road food” for good reason. A well-paced series of sugar spikes is just as good as roughing it on beef jerky and water, and makes you a better conversationalist.
- Now I know why most truckers are fat. “Car exercises” on long trips work stabilizing muscles you didn’t know you had. In bad ways. Carcercising on short trips: good. Carcersizing long trips: serious back pain.
- Cure to being lonely in a crowd: realizing you’re not supposed to fit in with said crowd.
- Sometimes the “spam filter” excuse is true – and somebody you’d written off come chasing you down the hallway calling your name.
- If you have four hips, spandex is a not a good idea.
- We all get older. Sometimes that’s good. Sometimes that’s “shit, that guy’s not looking real good, I gotta spend some time with him before it’s too late.”
- If your colleague argues with you on Facebook, but won’t return your emails and doesn’t say hello when you’re facing each other with your hand held out — he’s not your colleague.
- Even serious theologians think swords are cool.
- Sometimes your mentors are wrong – but without them, you’d never have been able to discover that. And they WANT you to improve on their work.
- Only nukes will TRULY clean bugs off a windshield, but driving west into the rain at 80mph softens ’em up pretty good, too.
- It’s ALWAYS a good idea to make an extra stop at that place that does the extra-awesome donuts.